Dr. Steve Sweeney in Midwest City Can Help You With Your Lumbar Muscle Strain
Lower back strain is acute pain caused by damage to the muscles and ligaments of the back. It is often referred to as a pulled muscle. The back is supported by a large, complex group of muscles that hold up the spine, including the extensor, flexor, and oblique muscles. The soft tissues surrounding the spine enable bending forward, lifting, arching, and twisting movements.
Dr. Sweeney demonstrates a typical treatment.
Back pain affects millions of people across the United States. At Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic in Midwest City, OK, we provide natural, holistic healing for the people of our community. Our non-invasive, medication-free techniques help the people of Midwest City to feel greater comfort and reduced pain in their upper, middle and lower back.
What to Expect
When you come for your first visit, we'll take the following steps to help treat your back pain:
- Initial consultation exam. During the initial consultation, we'll diagnose your condition, talk about the various causes of your back pain, and discuss potential treatments.
- Electric muscle stimulation. We use this technique to administer electronic current to the injured area. Electric muscle stimulation helps heal the injury and relieve the most intense pain.
- Ultrasounds. We use ultrasound to relax and stimulate the injured areas of the body. Ultrasound can reduce pain, increase blood flow and encourage healing.
- Spinal adjustments. Our spinal adjustments realign the vertebrae of the spine and relieve pressure on the joints of the back. Spinal adjustments reduce lower back pain, help correct postural problems and reduce inflammation. Spinal adjustment are the cornerstone of chiropractic care, and are used to treat back and neck conditions ranging from whiplash to sciatica.
We provide the following additional services to help relieve back pain and treat back injuries:
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy helps to increase blood flow to injured parts of the spine. This technique also helps loosen stiff muscles and reduce muscle tension.
- Lifestyle advice. Our lifestyle advice helps our patients stop behaviors that lead to chronic pain. We teach our patients how to sleep, work and play in ways that can help them avoid injuries.
- Nutrition counseling. Our nutrition counseling services help our patients eat right, which can help them reach their target weight and avoid weight gain. Since weight gain can contribute to back problems and can make exercise more difficult, our nutrition counseling services helps our patients stay healthier and avoid back pain overall.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach our patients how to perform stretches and exercises that can strengthen their muscles and loosen tight muscles in the back, shoulder and neck.
Contact Your Midwest City Chiropractor serving the greater Oklahoma City area.
If you experience upper, middle or lower back pain in Midwest City, contact Sweeney Chiropractic today. We'll be happy to diagnose your condition, treat your injuries and teach you how to avoid back problems in the future. Contact us at (405) 672-4800 for a free consultation today.