Scoliosis and Chiropractic Care Video.
Scoliosis is abnormal side-to-side curvature of the spine. The spinal curve may develop as a single curve (shaped like the letter C) or as two curves (shaped like the letter S). In children and teens, scoliosis often does not have any noticeable symptoms and may not be noticeable until it has progressed significantly. The two most common forms are degenerative scoliosis and idiopathic scoliosis (adolescent).
Pain from scoliosis can be frustrating and produce additional myofascial pain due to altered spinal biomechanics. At Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic in Midwest City, OK, we won't be able to reverse your altered spinal curves, but we try to improve the biomechanics of your spine to help reduce your pain and improve your quality of life.
What to Expect
When you come for your first visit, we'll take the following steps to help treat your back pain:
- Initial consultation exam. During the initial consultation, we'll diagnose your condition, talk about the various causes of your back pain, and discuss potential treatments.
- Electric muscle stimulation. We use this technique to administer electronic current to the injured area. Electric muscle stimulation helps heal the injury and relieve the most intense pain.
- Ultrasounds. We use ultrasound to relax and stimulate the injured areas of the body. Ultrasound can reduce pain, increase blood flow and encourage healing.
- Spinal adjustments. Our spinal adjustments realign the vertebrae of the spine and relieve pressure on the joints of the back. Spinal adjustments reduce lower back pain, help correct postural problems and reduce inflammation. Spinal adjustment are the cornerstone of chiropractic care, and are used to treat back and neck conditions ranging from whiplash to sciatica.
We provide the following additional services to help relieve back pain and treat back injuries:
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy helps to increase blood flow to injured parts of the spine. This technique also helps loosen stiff muscles and reduce muscle tension.
- Lifestyle advice. Our lifestyle advice helps our patients stop behaviors that lead to chronic pain. We teach our patients how to sleep, work and play in ways that can help them avoid injuries.
- Nutrition counseling. Our nutrition counseling services help our patients eat right, which can help them reach their target weight and avoid weight gain. Since weight gain can contribute to back problems and can make exercise more difficult, our nutrition counseling services helps our patients stay healthier and avoid back pain overall.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach our patients how to perform stretches and exercises that can strengthen their muscles and loosen tight muscles in the back, shoulder and neck.
Contact Your Midwest City Chiropractor serving the greater Oklahoma City area.
If you experience upper, middle or lower back pain in Midwest City, contact Sweeney Chiropractic today. We'll be happy to diagnose your condition, treat your injuries and teach you how to avoid back problems in the future. Contact us at (405) 672-4800 for a free consultation today.