Fibromyalgia Treatment From Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic in Midwest City
Fibromyalgia is a debilitating condition. When a person is suffering from this disease, it can make doing everyday tasks very difficult. Our chiropractor at Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic in Midwest City can help alleviate your pain associated with fibromyalgia. Here is some information about fibromyalgia and how it can be treated.
What are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia causes a variety of symptoms that affect both your mind and your body. The symptoms of this condition include:
- Widespread Pain: The pain associated with fibromyalgia typically occurs on both sides of the body, and is a constant, dull ache that often lasts for up to three months.
- Fatigue: Fatigue is a common symptom. You could get a full night’s sleep and still wake up tried. The pain associated with the condition can also wake you up many times during the night.
- Cognitive issues: People who have fibromyalgia often suffer from “fibro fog.” This makes it difficult to focus.
- Other Possible Symptoms: Many people who suffer from fibromyalgia also report having irritable bowel syndrome, migraine headaches, painful bladder syndrome, and joint disorders.
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
Doctors don't know exactly what causes fibromyalgia; however, there are a few factors that they believe can cause the condition.
- Genetics: If a parent or a sibling has the condition, you have a high risk of developing it as well.
- Infections: Certain infections trigger fibromyalgia.
- Emotional or Physical Trauma: If you suffer a physical trauma, such as a car accident, or overwhelming emotional stress, it can trigger the condition.
What are the Risk Factors?
There are a few factors that will put you at risk of developing this condition.
- Sex: According to recent studies, women are more prone to developing the condition than men.
- Medical Issues: Osteoarthritis, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis can put you at risk of developing this disease.
How is Fibromyalgia Diagnosed?
During your exam, the doctor will check 18 specific points on your body to see how painful each is when pressed on. Your doctor will also run blood tests to rule out other conditions that could be causing your symptoms.
How Can a Chiropractor Treat and Manage Fibromyalgia?
Our chiropractor can provide a drug-free approach to treating your symptoms of fibromyalgia. Studies have shown that chiropractic care can help manage the pain associated with the condition. An adjustment can help with the neck pain, back pain, and leg cramps that are common with fibromyalgia, as well as fatigue.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
If you have fibromyalgia, you should make an appointment with Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic in Midwest City. Our chiropractor can create a treatment plan to help you manage the pain and the other symptoms, which can greatly improve your quality of life.