Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic in Midwest City, OK, offers a variety of chiropractic care methods that can effectively eliminate lower back pain. Our chiropractor treats patients by using natural, non-invasive health care that addresses the root cause of the pain. Whether your pain originates from an accident injury or normal wear and tear on the spine, we can combine the right techniques and therapies to help you recover and enjoy long-term wellness.
Common Low Back Pain Causes
The lower back spine is engineered to be strong, flexible, and capable of supporting a wide range of motion. However, repetitive use on the musculoskeletal bones and tissue increases the risk of degenerative disc disease, joint dysfunction, inflammation, and spinal injuries that cause mild to disabling pain or restrict movement. Chiropractic care may help alleviate acute or chronic lower back pain caused by these conditions:
- Herniated lumbar discs
- Pinched or irritated nerve
- Dislocated spinal joints (misalignment)
- Muscle strains or ligament sprains
Low Back Pain Symptoms
Coupled with a dull aching, sharp stabbing, or burning pain, you may experience tingling, numbness, or weakness in the lower back, hip, buttock, or leg. The symptoms may intensify when bending, sitting, or standing, and may be accompanied by stiffness.
Chiropractic Lower Back Pain Treatment in Midwest City
A physical and spine exam plus other routine tests are usually done to diagnose the underlying cause of back pain. Once we determine that chiropractic care is right for you, our chiropractor will tailor a treatment plan that provides lasting relief and restores balance to the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. These techniques and therapies can be performed synergistically to realign the spine, help heal soft tissue, and improve mobility.
- Spinal Adjustments: A misaligned spine can result in persistent pain that may only subside by manipulating displaced spinal joints, bones, and discs back into position. Adjustments also take any pressure off the nerve endings responsible for sciatic nerve pain, tingling, and numbness in the lower extremities.
- Massage Therapies: Healing massages are performed to optimize the results of spinal adjustment. The therapeutic benefits are relaxed muscles and increased blood circulation, which helps reduce inflammation as well as heal and repair the soft tissue.
Corrective exercises and back stretches may be recommended to help rebuild and strengthen the soft tissue against injury. You can also receive nutrition counseling and advice on lifestyle changes to help improve posture and prevent recurrent pain.
Receive Drug-Free Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor
Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic offers natural pain solutions that last without the side effects of traditional medicine. You'll be able to resume routine activities without nagging backaches and pain. Patients in Midwest City, OK, and nearby cities are welcome to call us at (405) 672-4800 to schedule a consultation.